YEAH! She’s a Mod!

Another week of June and another week of Indie Pattern Month!
This week is the New to Me challenge.

This week I have made the Marianne Dress by Christine Haynes.
I had seen these patterns around before but for some reason they have never really done it for me, funny as I love vintage patterns!

Then at the end of last month I went looking for something for the new to me challenge, and this one just popped out at me! Probably helped that she had a sale on for indie pattern month ;)

IMG_5975

This 60’s Inspired pattern, was a breeze to sew up. actually I didn’t even look at the instructions.
Only down side of that is the fact that I sewed the cuffs wrong, but it hasn’t really detracted from the overall look!
IMG_5981

I was a little of a rebel and cut some of the pieces the wrong way on the fabric to get the different directional stripe effect. As this fabric has good stretch in both directions this has worked out ok!

IMG_5984

Only problem that I did incur was that the neckband was way too small for the bodice neckline, I haven’t investigated this further to find out if this was my fault or a pattern fault. either way I added on about 6cm in length and got it to fit right!

IMG_5993

I think this fabric is probably a little thin for this pattern. It doesn’t hold its shape that well round the hem. But for a first go I think it is just fine!

IMG_5986

I spent a lot of time playing with the fabric and pattern to get the stripes to match down the side seams and shoulder seams…
The fact that the sleeves match with the main dress is a MASSIVE fluke!

IMG_6001

I made View B of the pattern up in a size 4 with no modifications, and it fits wonderfully!

IMG_6000

The fabric is a viscose knit I got in the remnant bin at Fabric Warehouse last month!
There was about 2.2m of fabric and I only used 1m for this dress!!
I sewed the whole dress up on my overlocker in about 20min, then the hem I just straight stitched the bottom hem!

IMG_5990

The Details:

Fabric: Viscose knit from The Fabric Warehouse $5 for just over 2m and only 1m used!

Pattern: Marianne Dress By Christine Haynes

Notions: Thread from stash

I have warn this dress a couple of times this week and received so many compliments!
Totally going to be making another one!

Laura xx

Advertisements

5 responses to “YEAH! She’s a Mod!

  1. I’ve been hovering over this pattern for ages but your fab version may just have tipped me over the edge!

  2. Hey this looks great and I didn’t notice the hem until you pointed it out :). Lovely that you did switch the stripes around for the bodice – the dress works fab for it.

I love reading your comments!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s